Help me please - منتديات الجلفة لكل الجزائريين و العرب

العودة   منتديات الجلفة لكل الجزائريين و العرب > English Forum > Requests Section

Requests Section Requests for translation and research papers...

في حال وجود أي مواضيع أو ردود مُخالفة من قبل الأعضاء، يُرجى الإبلاغ عنها فورًا باستخدام أيقونة تقرير عن مشاركة سيئة ( تقرير عن مشاركة سيئة )، و الموجودة أسفل كل مشاركة .

آخر المواضيع

Help me please

إضافة رد

أدوات الموضوع انواع عرض الموضوع
قديم 2014-04-24, 19:03   رقم المشاركة : 1
معلومات العضو
toulay
أستـاذة، مراقبة منتديات الانجليزية، والتّعليم الثّانوي

الصورة الرمزية toulay

الأوسمة
العضو المميز 
إحصائية العضو

Hot News1 لم يتم ترشيح اجابة مفضلة Help me please

Peace be upon you
I need the analysis or the summary of the poem Anecdote of the Jar by Wallace stevens.
please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks in advance

رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2014-04-25, 19:34   رقم المشاركة : 2
معلومات العضو
Karim-Rap-4-Life
مشرف سابق

الصورة الرمزية Karim-Rap-4-Life

الأوسمة
العضو المميز لسنة 2013 وسام التميز في منتدى الإنجليزية المرتبة الثالثة 
إحصائية العضو

افتراضي

Anecdote of the Jar by Wallace Stevens
By englishpoetry23
Anecdote of the Jar
I placed a jar in Tennessee,
And round it was, upon a hill.
It made the slovenly wilderness
Surround that hill.
The wilderness rose up to it,
And sprawled around, no longer wild.
The jar was round upon the ground
And tall and of a port in air.
It took dominion everywhere.
The jar was gray and bare.
It did not give of bird or bush,
Like nothing else in Tennessee.
————————————————————————————————
Anecdote of the Jar

“I” does not refer to just Wallace Stevens but all of humanity. The jar they are placing is showing humans taking over nature. A jar is man-made is symbolizing every man made thing that humans have placed in nature. They may specify that it was round because a circle is not seen in nature nor are perfectly round things. The roundness of the jar is distinguishing it from everything else in nature.

Surround that hill.

Slovenly means untidy or unorganized. Without human interference, nature is indeed untidy because it grows various plants and animals make habitats and ‘messes’. And nothing really changes this or ‘cleans it up’. Stevens uses personification when he describes that the untidy wilderness that has not yet been affected by mankind surrounds the hill. The hill also symbolizes mankind since the jar is placed upon it.

Sprawl is to spread out in a straggling or disorderly fashion. Therefore, the poet used binary opposition when he describes the wilderness sprawling around the jar but no longer being wild. Wild gives the reader the idea of being disorderly, unkempt.
The fact the wilderness is no longer wild when it approaches the jar could mean that the wilderness is also being industrialized and taken over by mankind.

Industrialization does not stop. Once it starts, man begins industrializing everything it can to create a more technological world. Therefore, it is taking over and dominating everything in its past. This made me think of how companies and people are constantly knocking down trees, and rainforests, and clearing out grass so that they can build malls, corporations, or businesses. Most people now care about money instead of nature.

Bird and bush are both things that occur and live naturally in nature. They would be here on this earth with or without human interaction and industrialization. Therefore, once the jar, or the changes created my mankind takeover, it doesn’t create a bird or a bush or something natural. These changes created by mankind are like nothing else seen in Tennessee because Tennessee has not yet been touched by industrialization. It is still completely natural and un-changed territory.
This poem did not make me feel like some of the other poems I read because I did not easily relate to it. It took a lot of “looking into the poem” to understand it and at that point, I kind of lost interest. However, once you understand the concept and what Stevens is talking about the poem becomes very interesting when you read back through it. I was kind of able to relate to it at this point because industrialization and mankind destroying a lot of nature is something that I have studied year after year.
I also like how Wallace referred to all of mankind as “I”, showing how we are all responsible for the decisions that other humans make in terms of industrialization because we are all united and share this earth. The poem has a lot of meaning and even more that can be uncovered.

PS: This explanation was taken from a blog on the net and The two last paragraphs written in red are a point of view of the blog’s owner not mine I just found his explanation more realistic and obvious and I wanted you to read them and I’m sure after reading it you won’t have a problem with it good luck.

رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2014-04-25, 19:54   رقم المشاركة : 3
معلومات العضو
toulay
أستـاذة، مراقبة منتديات الانجليزية، والتّعليم الثّانوي

الصورة الرمزية toulay

الأوسمة
العضو المميز 
إحصائية العضو

افتراضي

اقتباس:
المشاركة الأصلية كتبت بواسطة Karim-Rap-4-Life مشاهدة المشاركة
Anecdote of the Jar by Wallace Stevens

By englishpoetry23
Anecdote of the Jar
Surround that hill.
————————————————————————————————
Anecdote of the Jar

“I” does not refer to just Wallace Stevens but all of humanity. The jar they are placing is showing humans taking over nature. A jar is man-made is symbolizing every man made thing that humans have placed in nature. They may specify that it was round because a circle is not seen in nature nor are perfectly round things. The roundness of the jar is distinguishing it from everything else in nature.

Surround that hill.

Slovenly means untidy or unorganized. Without human interference, nature is indeed untidy because it grows various plants and animals make habitats and ‘messes’. And nothing really changes this or ‘cleans it up’. Stevens uses personification when he describes that the untidy wilderness that has not yet been affected by mankind surrounds the hill. The hill also symbolizes mankind since the jar is placed upon it.

Sprawl is to spread out in a straggling or disorderly fashion. Therefore, the poet used binary opposition when he describes the wilderness sprawling around the jar but no longer being wild. Wild gives the reader the idea of being disorderly, unkempt.
The fact the wilderness is no longer wild when it approaches the jar could mean that the wilderness is also being industrialized and taken over by mankind.

Industrialization does not stop. Once it starts, man begins industrializing everything it can to create a more technological world. Therefore, it is taking over and dominating everything in its past. This made me think of how companies and people are constantly knocking down trees, and rainforests, and clearing out grass so that they can build malls, corporations, or businesses. Most people now care about money instead of nature.

Bird and bush are both things that occur and live naturally in nature. They would be here on this earth with or without human interaction and industrialization. Therefore, once the jar, or the changes created my mankind takeover, it doesn’t create a bird or a bush or something natural. These changes created by mankind are like nothing else seen in Tennessee because Tennessee has not yet been touched by industrialization. It is still completely natural and un-changed territory.
This poem did not make me feel like some of the other poems I read because I did not easily relate to it. It took a lot of “looking into the poem” to understand it and at that point, I kind of lost interest. However, once you understand the concept and what Stevens is talking about the poem becomes very interesting when you read back through it. I was kind of able to relate to it at this point because industrialization and mankind destroying a lot of nature is something that I have studied year after year.
I also like how Wallace referred to all of mankind as “I”, showing how we are all responsible for the decisions that other humans make in terms of industrialization because we are all united and share this earth. The poem has a lot of meaning and even more that can be uncovered.

PS: This explanation was taken from a blog on the net and The two last paragraphs written in red are a point of view of the blog’s owner not mine I just found his explanation more realistic and obvious and I wanted you to read them and I’m sure after reading it you won’t have a problem with it good luck.
Peace be upon you
Thank you sooooooooo much

رد مع اقتباس
قديم 2014-04-27, 14:34   رقم المشاركة : 4
معلومات العضو
Karim-Rap-4-Life
مشرف سابق

الصورة الرمزية Karim-Rap-4-Life

الأوسمة
العضو المميز لسنة 2013 وسام التميز في منتدى الإنجليزية المرتبة الثالثة 
إحصائية العضو

افتراضي

اقتباس:
المشاركة الأصلية كتبت بواسطة toulay مشاهدة المشاركة
Peace be upon you
Thank you sooooooooo much

don't thank me it's my duty goud luck

رد مع اقتباس
إضافة رد

تعليمات المشاركة
لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات
لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك

BB code is متاحة
كود [IMG] متاحة
كود HTML معطلة

الانتقال السريع

الساعة الآن 02:49

المشاركات المنشورة تعبر عن وجهة نظر صاحبها فقط، ولا تُعبّر بأي شكل من الأشكال عن وجهة نظر إدارة المنتدى
المنتدى غير مسؤول عن أي إتفاق تجاري بين الأعضاء... فعلى الجميع تحمّل المسؤولية

2006-2024 © www.djelfa.info جميع الحقوق محفوظة - الجلفة إنفو (خ. ب. س)