Please be kind with our stupidity - منتديات الجلفة لكل الجزائريين و العرب

العودة   منتديات الجلفة لكل الجزائريين و العرب > English Forum > English Club

English Club Discussions and debate about life, news and events..etc

في حال وجود أي مواضيع أو ردود مُخالفة من قبل الأعضاء، يُرجى الإبلاغ عنها فورًا باستخدام أيقونة تقرير عن مشاركة سيئة ( تقرير عن مشاركة سيئة )، و الموجودة أسفل كل مشاركة .

آخر المواضيع

Please be kind with our stupidity

إضافة رد

أدوات الموضوع انواع عرض الموضوع
قديم 2023-05-12, 20:36   رقم المشاركة : 1
معلومات العضو
AbuHossam
عضو مميّز

الصورة الرمزية AbuHossam

إحصائية العضو

افتراضي Please be kind with our stupidity

Our story: Without knowing what the baby steps were, just one year ago, we were debt free and in baby steps 4,5 and 6.* We had been on a one year wait list for a pool and full back yard remodel and on another wait list for a tesla.** That summer the tesla arrived, the dig began and interest rates began raising on our not yet used HELOC.** My company was also getting ready to sell the division I work for.* The sale would happen in December, but I would not know if I would have a job until this summer.

I started looking for a financial podcast to see how to get rid of our debt.** I found the Ramsey Show.* Everything Dave said made sense.* After all, I was an accounting major, worked in Controllers and a saver by nature.* I had always thought myself to be fiscally responsible.* But here I was, as Dave would say, I was the ultimate broke-rich and stupid-smart person.* I had listened to the podcasts for months, but couldn't pull the trigger.* Where would we even start?* We lived a cushy life.* But I heard some folks in a different department got laid off.* And the more I listened to Dave, the more scared I got.*

In Feb, instead of using the HELOC to pay the last installment of the pool, I wiped out our FFEF to pay* it (leaving $2K). I wouldn't say I am gazelle intense - yet.* But a couple weeks ago, for the first time in 27 years, I stopped contributing to my 401k and my husband stopped his deferred comp contributions. We also discontinued funding my daughters 529, which we had been contributing to since she was born.* These were HUGE difficult steps for me.* It had been ingrained in me- no matter what, save for retirement and college.

In March, I totaled our debt to be $184K.* With my husband doing a TON of OT and my CURBING our spend, today we are down to $174K.* 4 days ago, I finally made a detailed budget for the first time in my life at 48. I know there is still so much fat to cut.* I need to trim it, get a side hustle, and delete the amazon app, but we are on a way.* I started going though the house and listing stuff on FB market place.

Our goal is to be debt free by the time my husband turns 50 in July 2025.* That's ~$7K to pay off each month 😳.* But we are doing this.* If I can get gazelle intense, maybe we can move our goal to my 50th in Aug next year..but...baby steps..*

I recognize ours is not an income problem, it is a spend problem.

For the first time in months, I feel hopeful, determined, and have an actionable plan.* I just needed to put our stupidity out publicly to the universe to feel accountable.* Thank you for listening.* Your stories have been an inspiration.

رد مع اقتباس
إضافة رد

تعليمات المشاركة
لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات
لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك

BB code is متاحة
كود [IMG] متاحة
كود HTML معطلة

الانتقال السريع

الساعة الآن 13:31

المشاركات المنشورة تعبر عن وجهة نظر صاحبها فقط، ولا تُعبّر بأي شكل من الأشكال عن وجهة نظر إدارة المنتدى
المنتدى غير مسؤول عن أي إتفاق تجاري بين الأعضاء... فعلى الجميع تحمّل المسؤولية

2006-2024 © www.djelfa.info جميع الحقوق محفوظة - الجلفة إنفو (خ. ب. س)