It turns out it was a scam – I'm not sure what else I could have done - منتديات الجلفة لكل الجزائريين و العرب

العودة   منتديات الجلفة لكل الجزائريين و العرب > English Forum > English Club

English Club Discussions and debate about life, news and events..etc

في حال وجود أي مواضيع أو ردود مُخالفة من قبل الأعضاء، يُرجى الإبلاغ عنها فورًا باستخدام أيقونة تقرير عن مشاركة سيئة ( تقرير عن مشاركة سيئة )، و الموجودة أسفل كل مشاركة .

آخر المواضيع

It turns out it was a scam – I'm not sure what else I could have done

إضافة رد

أدوات الموضوع انواع عرض الموضوع
قديم 2023-05-08, 08:03   رقم المشاركة : 1
معلومات العضو
AbuHossam
عضو مميّز

الصورة الرمزية AbuHossam

إحصائية العضو

افتراضي It turns out it was a scam – I'm not sure what else I could have done

The Question
Long but important post. PLEASE READ

I* just want to share something so that it doesn't happen to anyone else... In one of the side gigs questions someone put that they were a mystery shopper and that they loved it and it was fantastic. I figured why not give it a try.

It turns out it was a scam. The website seemed legit and even had the BBB on the corner. It took 3 weeks for them to get back with me to tell me I was accepted. I did 2 and turns out it was all a scam. Now I owe the bank for the money I got from this "mystery shopping company".

I'm just saying just because it's on this page and seems pretty legit make sure you do a ton more homework. I'm not sure what else I could have done. They had me fill out surveys of the stores, take pictures of displays, then buy gift cards.

Just want to put that warning out there. So it doesn't happen to anyone else. (I used the checks they gave me to pay off debt but now I'm in even bigger with my bank

ANSWER 1
Any ‘job’ that tells you to go purchase gift cards is a scam. I used to work at a pharmacy and can’t tell you how many times people would come in to buy gift cards for that reason. It’s why I asked them lots of questions when they came up to purchase them.

ANSWER 2
I've done mystery shopping before and it wasn't a scam.... I went somewhere for a service like getting my oil changed in my car or eating at a restaurant. I did have to pay for the service myself and they would reimburse me what I spent up to a certain amount plus pay a little extra for doing it. I did have to submit my receipts and do a survey of the service in order for them to send me the funds for doing the mystery shop. (The details of the reimbursement was always disclosed before I signed up for a particular mystery shop)

It probably depends on the company who's 'hiring' the mystery shoppers on if it's a scam or not.

ANSWER 3
No mystery shopper company will ever ask you to buy gift cards, and send numbers. I'm assuming that's what you did? Be ultra careful, in doing so you commit a felony act of money laundering. Just a heads up to anyone out there who kay he caught in such a thing. NEVER buy a gift card and send anyone the number!

ANSWER 4
Lime above use MSPA. I've been doing mystery shopping since 2006 and love it. You do need to know though, that in general it takes 30-45 days for reimbursement. Some pay you back for meal and for report. And Some you my just get reimbursed for meal. I like bank one. Opened a savings account and made 60 bucks. Closed account 2 weeks later. You never pay the mystery shop companies up front. Never.

رد مع اقتباس
إضافة رد

تعليمات المشاركة
لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات
لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك

BB code is متاحة
كود [IMG] متاحة
كود HTML معطلة

الانتقال السريع

الساعة الآن 01:53

المشاركات المنشورة تعبر عن وجهة نظر صاحبها فقط، ولا تُعبّر بأي شكل من الأشكال عن وجهة نظر إدارة المنتدى
المنتدى غير مسؤول عن أي إتفاق تجاري بين الأعضاء... فعلى الجميع تحمّل المسؤولية

2006-2023 © www.djelfa.info جميع الحقوق محفوظة - الجلفة إنفو (خ. ب. س)