Once upon a nightmare 1 - منتديات الجلفة لكل الجزائريين و العرب

العودة   منتديات الجلفة لكل الجزائريين و العرب > English Forum > English Literature

English Literature Short stories, novels and poems...

في حال وجود أي مواضيع أو ردود مُخالفة من قبل الأعضاء، يُرجى الإبلاغ عنها فورًا باستخدام أيقونة تقرير عن مشاركة سيئة ( تقرير عن مشاركة سيئة )، و الموجودة أسفل كل مشاركة .

آخر المواضيع

Once upon a nightmare 1

إضافة رد

أدوات الموضوع انواع عرض الموضوع
قديم 2023-03-25, 15:24   رقم المشاركة : 1
معلومات العضو
AbuHossam
عضو مميّز

الصورة الرمزية AbuHossam

إحصائية العضو

افتراضي Once upon a nightmare 1

It was during the holiday season.

Dad had gone on his usual business trip, while mom and I were left in our old big mansion. That very day I was bored, and I was going to each and every room in our house, where I got to a room. Mum had warned me not to go there. But I was curious.

It was filled with unopened boxes, gifts that had not been opened for years, stacked upon each other. I browsed through the room quickly and was about to leave when I saw a pretty doll staring at me. It was still in its nylon and had not been opened; it was lying on one of the boxes. It was so pretty, I couldn’t resist its beauty. I tried jumping up to pick the doll, but I couldn’t reach it. There was a chair in the room, so I dragged the chair and climbed on it. I picked the toy and took it to my room.

On getting there, I hurriedly tore its nylon open, and its pale blue animated eyes stared back at me. It has pretty pale skin, blonde wavy hair, and realistic features. It was putting on a pretty silky pink dress with white lace sewn around its wrist region. It has a switch located on its abdomen's phonograph compartment. I switched it on. And it sang.

Ayy, ayy

I am your little butterfly.

I held it close to my chest and liked it immediately. I didn’t show Mummy because she had warned me not to go near that particular room. I named it Lily.

It became my companion, and we do almost everything together, eating, playing, and sleeping on the same bed.

But things started getting strange.

Sometimes, I would look for the doll, and it would be found somewhere else. But I didn’t take notice.

One fateful night, I was fast asleep when I heard a blood-curdling scream and something moving. I woke up, but the doll was not by my side. It was lying helplessly on the floor. I took it because I thought I had carelessly knocked it over when I was sleeping. I kissed it.* And slept off.

The following day I took the doll and played with it as I usually did when mom was not watching.

But that night, I heard an unusual sound that woke me up.

Lily was standing on my bed, and its animated eyes came to life; its eyelid fluttered.

And it sang.

Ayy, ayy

I'm your little butterfly.

"Hi Anita,* "I love playing games, and my favorite games are sword fighting and stabbing, and you?"

اقتباس:
To be continued.

رد مع اقتباس
إضافة رد

تعليمات المشاركة
لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات
لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك

BB code is متاحة
كود [IMG] متاحة
كود HTML معطلة

الانتقال السريع

الساعة الآن 10:11

المشاركات المنشورة تعبر عن وجهة نظر صاحبها فقط، ولا تُعبّر بأي شكل من الأشكال عن وجهة نظر إدارة المنتدى
المنتدى غير مسؤول عن أي إتفاق تجاري بين الأعضاء... فعلى الجميع تحمّل المسؤولية

2006-2024 © www.djelfa.info جميع الحقوق محفوظة - الجلفة إنفو (خ. ب. س)