Urban legends ,folklore & myths - منتديات الجلفة لكل الجزائريين و العرب

العودة   منتديات الجلفة لكل الجزائريين و العرب > English Forum > Archives

في حال وجود أي مواضيع أو ردود مُخالفة من قبل الأعضاء، يُرجى الإبلاغ عنها فورًا باستخدام أيقونة تقرير عن مشاركة سيئة ( تقرير عن مشاركة سيئة )، و الموجودة أسفل كل مشاركة .

آخر المواضيع

Urban legends ,folklore & myths

أدوات الموضوع انواع عرض الموضوع
قديم 2010-09-24, 22:39   رقم المشاركة : 1
معلومات العضو
Hellsmoke
عضو مجتهـد

الصورة الرمزية Hellsmoke

إحصائية العضو

Mh51 Urban legends ,folklore & myths

Urban legends thrive on people's deepest fears -- that our safe world can crack at any moment and a madman will change our lives forever. That alone is enough to give anyone some second thoughts about our everyday routine.

Legends and folklore tales range from the maniacal serial killer to the completely unexplained. Everyone loves scary ghost stories around the campfire or in the Fall, when the days get shorter, the nights get longer -- and imaginations run wild.

Chances are you'll find many versions of these stories as they get passed on from person to person. Children have a tendency to twist the plots and make them fit their particular circumstances. The Halloween season seems to bring out the best of local urban legends, both old and new.

Many of these spooky stories are old classics from years past. They may not be the version you've heard, but that's what makes it fun. With the help of our readers, we've got many variations, some relating to ghosts, the supernatural, and hoaxes. These legends are not suitable for young children or the faint of heart. If you've got nerves of steel, proceed with caution...

Get comfortable, dim the lights and read through some classic as well as modern urban legends, myths and folklore. Did it really happen, or was it just a figment of someone's imagination?

You have already heard in your little short life abt many weird stories / or maybe witnessed the scene xD ?

Oh gosh , i have heard of so many scary & darkest legends of course the first was abt the legendary " JACK THE REAPER"

& the terrefic " BLOODY MARY"

then should i intriduce you to the myth of Bloody mary ?

Bloody Mary Legend

Who can forget the scary story of Bloody Mary, the evil spirit who will scratch your eyes out when summoned? Most people heard the Bloody Mary legend when they were children, listening to spooky ghost stories around the campfire. The tale is still told at slumber parties, campouts, and late-night bonfire parties.
The legend claims that the evil woman can be summoned by chanting "Bloody Mary" into a mirror anywhere from three to one-hundred times in a darkened room lit only by a candle. (Thirteen seems to be the most popular number of chants, appropriately so.) The bathroom is the most popular setting to test out the legend, but other dark rooms seem applicable.
After the given amount of chants, the spirit will then appear in a mirror and claw your eyes out and death will follow. Other variations have her driving you insane or pulling you into the mirror, never to be seen again.
Who Bloody Mary really is remains a mystery. While there are many versions of this story, most accounts point to a woman named Mary Worth, who was horribly disfigured in a car crash. Some people still tell of a witch who was burned at the stake and has returned for revenge, or it may be the devil himself who comes for your soul.
The Bloody Mary Legend saw some rising popularity with a variation of the story in the 1992 movie "Candyman" that used the idea for it's plot. When the characters chanted "Candyman" in the mirror 5 times, he would appear and murder them with his hook hand. I found this movie terrifying! Although I can say that as an adult I generally don't have any nightmares from horror movies, this one I remember vividly -- waking up in a cold sweat, and trying not to fall back asleep.

The movie "Urban Legend" was released to theatres in 1998 and borrowed the Bloody Mary myth once again, for one of it's stories. As if that wasn't enough, 2005 brought us "Urban Legends: Bloody Mary," which was released directly to DVD. There's no doubt, the horrific tale will appear again, perhaps in yet another version with a different twist.
While you may think you're safe from mean, old Bloody Mary, think again... Legend has it that if you are near a mirror in total darkness, she can still come for you, regardless of whether or not you're trying to call for her.

Then this is two storyline abt Bloody mary submitted by readers:

Ashley writes:

Bloody Mary was Mary Tudor, Queen of England, and daughter of King Henry the 8th and Catherine of Aragon. All her life, she was a mean brat to her little sister, Elizabeth and her brother Edward VI. She did not like them at all and was very jealous. When Edward VI died, she became Queen Mary of England. She was hated all over for changing the religion in England from Protestant to Roman Catholic. She mass-murdered over 100 Protestant leaders, earning her name as "Bloody Mary".

And yes, I have seen Bloody Mary. My friends and I decided to try it out. This is what we did:

1) We went into the bathroom.

2) Turned out the lights.

3) Ran the water.

4) Spun around 3 times saying "Bloody Mary."

5) Closed our eyes and held hands until we heard anything. (not saying this way is right or wrong, we just did it like that.)
There was a low 'thump' and we opened our eyes. There was a bloody dark-haired girl covered in blood. But it was very very dark, so very hard to tell. All she did was look at us, like an image painted on the mirror. Then we got scared and turned on the light, and whatever it was, was gone.

This is the true story of Bloody Mary.

Nikki writes:

The legend of it here in Jackson, Michigan goes like this: A long time ago there was a little girl named Mary. She must have gotten in an accident because she went into a coma. At this time doctors didn't know what a coma was, so they thought she was dead. They buried her alive! Every night Mary's mother thought that she heard a scream coming from Mary's grave, but no one believed her.
Finally one day Mary's mother convinced them to dig up her grave. When they did, they found scratches on the top of the coffin and Mary's fingernails were all bloody. There are many different things that I have heard that will happen when you say "Bloody Mary" in the mirror. The most popular one here is that you will see Mary in the mirror walking down a case of stairs. She may be holding a knife. If she is, you must turn on the lights or she'll kill you. Also she could be holding a rose or teddy bear, and then she won't kill you.

Mary's "so called" grave is also here in Jackson. I have been to it. It's out in the woods and you have to walk through a lot of trails to get there. When you finally do, you have to walk up a big hill and there is a big tombstone on top that just says Mary. There are also other tombstones, too. Mary's grave was removed recently because the coffins were beginning to stick out of the ground.
Peace

قديم 2010-09-25, 08:34   رقم المشاركة : 2
معلومات العضو
اناناسة
عضو فعّال

الصورة الرمزية اناناسة

إحصائية العضو

افتراضي

thanks for sharing , i like legends and crime stories they are my best movies to watch
you seem going deep in reading ... i cannot but take my hat off for everything you do

i appreciate you realy

قديم 2010-09-25, 10:50   رقم المشاركة : 3
معلومات العضو
Hellsmoke
عضو مجتهـد

الصورة الرمزية Hellsmoke

إحصائية العضو

افتراضي

Hey ! good morning Little Zinebsiradj ! you are welcome

Yeah i like really the creepy legends stories that we shared with my granny when i was young & also seen 'em in movies or abt some odd cases in newspaper !

Also they made me goosbumps and thretening mood when i start reading some old books ! woohaaa i do really like these

Thx for passing & your reply sis'

Then should i share another myths ?

you do know abt The loch ness monster ( also seen in movies)

In 1934 a grainy black and white photograph gave the world the first apparent proof that the age old legend of a monstrous creature inhabiting Scotland’s Loch Ness was indeed real. The swan-like neck the head reminiscent of a water dinosaur, the hump suggesting a long, powerful body; how could it not be the fabled Loch Ness Monster?

The Loch Ness Monster Myth

Among the legendary creatures of the world there are a few that stand out and are considered well known regardless of where in the world the tale is told. One of the most endearing—and enduring—is the myth of Nessie, the affectionate nickname of what is better known as the Loch Ness Monster. Said to inhabit Great Britain’s largest freshwater lake, Scotland’s Loch Ness, Nessie has been the subject of a great deal of speculation and scrutiny over the years. While it may seem a fairly modern myth, some references to an unusual creature have been made in writings as early the 7th Century. Sightings are reported by locals, scientists, tourists, and monster hunters, all of whom hope to be the one to provide conclusive proof that the famous Loch Ness Monster is as real as the loch itself.

The Origin of the Loch Ness Monster Myth

That first mention of a monster in the loch came by 7th century writer Adamnan, who was recounting the adventures of Saint Columbia in the year 565. While critics point out that the “Life of St. Columbia” depicts the holy man as something of a monster slayer and use that to discount the reference to the loch monster, it does remain as some proof that the legends of Nessie began long before the “evidence” began to surface.

The Sightings Begin

While tales of water monsters are not unique to Scotland—which in fact has reports of other loch monsters such as “Morag” from Loch Morar—it seemed that Loch Ness had more than its fair share of reported sightings. Naturally many are simple hoaxes, people having a bit of fun and coming along with a popular fantasy. Others are more serious on the part of the reporters, people who claim to have seen either bits and pieces of the monster (a head and neck rising swan-like from the loch, seen at a great distance) or something more fantastic (a couple claiming a creature described much like a dinosaur crossing the road in front of their car before disappearing into the loch). Evidence of the photographic kind began to appear as the technology to support it came along, the most famous of which is the “Surgeon’s Photograph”, taken by Dr. Robert Kenneth Wilson.

This photo, taken in 1934, is often shown cropped down to isolate the image of a head, neck and hump of a back in the water. The effect makes the creature imaged seem much larger than it actually is. Wilson, who never claimed it to be a photo of Nessie but rather “something” he saw in the loch, remained stoic in the face of accusations that it was a fake. Analysis of the ripples in the photo resulted in experts claiming that the “creature” was very small indeed. In the end Wilson admitted, decades later, that it was indeed a fake, so to speak. The “creature” in the photograph was a toy submarine with a crafted head and neck attached.

Final Thoughts

Theories have been floated to support sightings in Loch Ness from gassy submerged logs to boat wakes to an actual dinosaur surviving the march of time. In the end, it hardly matters if no evidence to prove the Loch Ness Monster is real ever surfaces, because the legend of Nessie is real enough.

Peace

الكلمات الدلالية (Tags)
folklore, legends, myths, urban

تعليمات المشاركة
لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات
لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك

BB code is متاحة
كود [IMG] متاحة
كود HTML معطلة

الانتقال السريع

الساعة الآن 11:53

المشاركات المنشورة تعبر عن وجهة نظر صاحبها فقط، ولا تُعبّر بأي شكل من الأشكال عن وجهة نظر إدارة المنتدى
المنتدى غير مسؤول عن أي إتفاق تجاري بين الأعضاء... فعلى الجميع تحمّل المسؤولية

2006-2024 © www.djelfa.info جميع الحقوق محفوظة - الجلفة إنفو (خ. ب. س)