imane ha
عضو مميّز

الصورة الرمزية imane ha

إحصائية العضو

افتراضي

اقتباس:
المشاركة الأصلية كتبت بواسطة dznina مشاهدة المشاركة
helle , I hope all of you fine...
Can you help me and explained to me the complex compound sentences please and give me exp
I study at the university First Year . i like English very much, and I have chosen, but so far I'm outside the coverage area. Is this normal at first only or am I not eligible? thnks
salam alaykom ;

i'll try to give you some notes dear sister ...so ,

1- simple sentence : contains a subject and a verb, called an independent clause , it expresses a complete thought....i mean it has a complele meaning. eg : they understand the lesson .

2 - compound sentence : contains two independent clauses joined by a coordinator .
the coordinators are : for, and, nor, but, or, yet, so....( in order not to forget them , try to take the first letter of each coordinator to have this word " fanboys " ) eg : she doesn't like dogs , but she loves cats.
note : coordinators are always preceded by a comma.

3 - complex sentence : has an independent clause joined by one or more dependent clauses . it( i mean complex sentence ) has a subordinator such as because, since, after, although, or when or a relative pronoun such as that, who, or which. eg : After they finished studying, they went to the movies .they went to the movies after they finished studying .
note : when the sentence begins with the dependent clause , it is followed by coma . when it begins whith the independent clause , so it contains no comma.

to sum up :

SIMPLE SENTENCE = 1 independent clause

I went to the grocery store.

COMPOUND SENTENCE = 2 independent clauses

I went to the grocery store, but I realized that I forgot my wallet.
(Remove "but" and you have 2 sentences)

COMPLEX SENTENCE = 1 independent clause, 1 dependent clause

I went to the grocery store in order to buy milk for the next week.

i hope you understand my message..

رد مع اقتباس