منتديات الجلفة لكل الجزائريين و العرب - عرض مشاركة واحدة - Can you tell us how education affects you?
عرض مشاركة واحدة
قديم 2015-08-31, 16:57   رقم المشاركة : 9
معلومات العضو
kmus
عضو مشارك

إحصائية العضو

B18

Ok.

I will try to answer my question regarding myself to some extent just to clarify and
since I am concerned. I will however point out first what was not good during
my school years. Again, i'm talking here about the formal classic education that one
goes through from elementary school to university.

What I learned at school was to memorize pieces of information rather than to link
them together, to be conformist and to not question what I heard nor to challenge
authorities (of the studied fields, the teacher), I learned passive reading, I learned that
i should have others opinions rather to understand them and make my own. I learned
to imitate rather than to be creative, to learn a solution rather than to think
and find it out. I studied many subjects and was not told how i can benefit from
most of them. I memorized a lot of information that I forgot or did not use at all.
We used to think that the purpose of education was to avoid falling into
delinquency and to get a descent job and that's it!

The positive things I learned are lang-uages (reading/writing, speaking), counting and
(barely) problem-solving, design and coding (these three latters are specific to my major
but useful elsewhere).

Most of the stuff I consider important and practical, I learnt it by myself through searching,
life experience or through people i met.

I may have missed some points that apply for me and others and this is why I raised
the question. Moreover, I see that the answer should be given as it gives the motivation for
education and directions to take to make the most of it.

رد مع اقتباس